Vincent Capasso, Jr. is the founder of the Schenectady, New York law firm of Capasso & Associates LLC. In 1974, Mr. Capasso graduated magna cum laude from Siena College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. In 1977, Mr. Capasso earned a Juris Doctor degree from Albany Law School. He was admitted to the New York State bar as an Attorney and Counselor at Law in January, 1978. As a young associate, he began working for Attorney Harold E. Blodgett, who is long considered the “Dean of Schenectady Attorneys”, where Mr. Capasso built the foundation for a successful and rewarding career as a lawyer of 40 years and counting. Mr. Capasso has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience as a seasoned practitioner, litigator, and counselor, and he has had the privilege of assisting thousands of Capital Region clients achieve positive results.
Active Memberships, Achievements, and Involvement:
- Schenectady County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Association of Bar Executives
- National Italian-American Bar Association Capital Region Chapter
Former Appointments, Achievements and Involvement:
- Schenectady County Bar Association, President
- The Committee of Professional Standards Appellate Division Third Department, Two-Term Appointee
- The Committee of Professional Standards, Executive Committee Member
- Executive Council for the New York State Conference of Bar Leaders, Fourth District Representative
- Heritage Home for Women, President and Member of the Board of Directors
- Glenville Cooperative Nursery School, Member of the Board of Directors
- Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Babe Ruth Youth Baseball, Coach and Member
- Scotia-Glenville Little League, Coach and Member
“Best Lawyers” and Professional Accomplishments:
Mr. Capasso was honored by way of selection to “The Best Lawyers in America” in 2003, and has been so honored every year since. In 2009, he was nominated and selected for inclusion to the “Super Lawyers”, as recognized by his peers for his professional achievements and highest ethical standards. Mr. Capasso was recognized by both New York Magazine and Hudson Valley Magazine as one of New York State’s top lawyers. He is a lecturer at seminars held by the County Bar, State Bar, the New York State Judicial Institute, and Continuing Legal Education programs.
Mr. Capasso lives with his wife of over 40 years, Janice, in Glenville, New York. They have one son, Vincent R. Capasso, who is employed as an associate attorney with Capasso & Associates LLC.