Elizabeth A. Murad joined Capasso & Associates LLC in December of 2022 as an Associate Attorney, continuing since 2017 to concentrate her practice in matrimonial and family law matters.
Ms. Murad provides her clients with compassionate counseling and fierce legal advocacy. She focused her education on the intricacies of the psychology and human experience of family law, earning her Bachelor of Science, cum laude, in Psychology and Philosophy from Union College in 2016, during which she authored her thesis “Akrasia: An Explanation for the Perpetration of Domestic Violence”. Subsequently, she earned her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Albany Law School in 2019, during which she gained invaluable experience representing litigants in Family Court and Supreme Court under student practice orders, and was admitted to the New York State Bar as an Attorney and Counselor at Law in January 2020.
Ms. Murad has been nominated and selected for inclusion to “Super Lawyers” as recognized by her clients and peers for her outstanding performance and professional achievements every year since being admitted to the New York State Bar.
In her personal time, Elizabeth enjoys hiking, painting, traveling, and being with loved ones.
Active Memberships, Achievements, and Involvement:
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association
- Schenectady County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Super Lawyer 2020 - present
- The Order of Barristers, 2019
- The Justinian Society, 2019
- Albany Law School Alumni and Moot Court Relations
- Union College Alumni Relations